Setting up Robust Engineering Software to materialize your Design FMEAs under the seven steps in the 1st Edition AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
Setting up Robust Engineering Software to materialize your functional analysis of needs. → if Option 2 selected
Understand how to implement Design FMEAs with respect to the seven AIAG-VDA steps and produce essential documents using the tools in Robust Engineering Software.
Understand how to carry out functional analyses of needs and produce the essential documents (Functional Performance Specifications) using the NEED tool in Robust Engineering Software. → if Option 2 selected
AIAG-VDA Design FMEAs:
- Initial training: One day (6 hours)
- Solidification and sharpening: One day (6 hours)
(The solidification and sharpening of skills will be planned to suit the customer’s context) → Option 1
Functional Analysis of Needs: Half-day (3 hours) → Option 2
- Overview of the company and introduction of participants, who will express their expectations
- Presentation of the training program
- Introduction to the training approach (definition of concepts, hands-on demonstrations of the software program, and help in carrying out in-context examples)
AIAG-VDA DESIGN FMEAs
- STEP 1: Planning and Preparation
- Framing the analysis using the 5Ts
- Setting up report headings
- Project scope
- STEP 2: Structure Analysis
- Building and modelling the structure
- Identifying the studied components
- STEP 3: Function Analysis
- Identifying the functions according to AIAG-VDA recommendations
- Setting up the network of functions
- Working with the requirements and characteristics
- STEP 4: Failure Analysis
- Identifying failures according to AIAG-VDA recommendations
- Building failure chains
- Inheritance and coherence of severities and effects
- STEP 5: Risk Analysis
- Definitions of prevention and detection measures and evaluation guidelines
- Setting up in the software; selecting occurrences and detections
- Calculating the AP (Action Priority): Prioritizing actions
- STEP 6: Optimization
- Attribution of optimization actions
- Filling in the action statuses
- Monitoring and new evaluation guidelines
- STEP 7: Documentation of Results
- Automatic exportation according to the recommendations in the standard
- Changing the HTML report formatting
- Exporting as a PDF
Functional Analysis of Needs
- Creating the expression of the need and the APTE diagrams
- Inputting the Life Phases
- Searching for functions: Brainstorming, building, and the ergonomics of the diagram
- Organization of functions as a tree: Characterizing functions and putting them in order
- Printing the Functional Performance Specifications
Skill building is strengthened through the implementation of the following steps throughout the initial training program:
- Overview of concepts (by the trainer)
- Demonstration of the concepts in the software program (by the trainer)
- Familiarization with the concepts and software program (hands-on use by participants)
- Independent sessions (hands-on use by participants with help from the trainer, if needed)
The day dedicated to skill building and sharpening will be planned according to customer context. The training time will include dialogue with the trainer about all the points needing to be addressed following the initial instruction and/or requiring more advanced practice when using the software suite. → if Option 1 selected
Report, corrections, and additional information
All examples proposed will be presented and then corrected in order to review the difficulties participants encountered.
- Knowllence’s recommendations for use within your teams
Staff working in quality, methods, production, or the design office who must use the program according to the 1st Edition AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
The contracting party will ensure that participants have received prior training regarding the 1st Edition AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
Technical and organizational means:
If the training takes place at your site
- Training room equipped with 1 PC per person with Internet connection (a maximum of 2 participants per PC accepted) + video projector provided by the customer.
- Knowllence will provide temporary software licences to be installed in partnership with your IT Department before the first session.
- If needed, a remote meeting (using screen share) will be scheduled to validate the computer setup in the training room before the first session.
If the training takes place remotely
- Knowllence will prepare access to the software program in partnership with your IT Department if needed.
- The default platforms used for remote training sessions are Teams or GoToMeeting, but any other videoconferencing tool can work.
- Please provide the required materials and a calm space appropriate for training to the participants. In a telework situation, you must provide the following:
- An Internet connection strong enough to partake in videoconference training
- For each participant, a system to see and be seen, listen, and speak: A computer with a webcam, if possible + speakers or headphones + microphone.
If the training uses blended learning
- All the measures for remote training will apply.
- The training sequences will be divided into face-to-face time with the trainer and self-learning time. The contracting party commits to allowing the trainee to schedule the time for the self-training within the given deadlines.
Teaching methods and required work
Using the video projector and several practical examples, the trainer will demonstrate how to use the software program by:
= presentation by the trainer; the participants are not active
- guided action
= simultaneous use (trainer + participants on their PCs)
= participants work on their PCs
The training will use an example provided by either the customer or Knowllence.
Skills acquired survey
On-the-spot training satisfaction survey
Help and follow-up
Users can access our Customer Area directly through the software program or by visiting https://www.knowllence.com/en/customer-service.
This is where you will find videos, documents to download (pocket guide, etc.), contents of updates, FAQs, and access to the hotline.
If you would like to receive information from us regularly by email, create an account at https://www.knowllence.com/en/customer-service or get in touch with us at info[at]knowllence.com.
Engineers, mechanics, quality experts, generalists, and chemists — all experienced in risk management methods and the operational implementation of software programs.
Training languages: French or English; to be determined when scheduling training dates.
General information and best practices during Knowllence trainings
You can find the FAQs regarding our training sessions here: https://www.knowllence.com/en/blog-design-manufacturing/training-faq.html. Feel free to take a look or give us a ring at + 33 (0) 381 382 950.