AIAG VDA 7 steps: method and TDC FMEA software
Discover Knowllence TDC FMEA software through 2 webinars:
AIAG-VDA software for Process FMEA:
AIAG-VDA software for Design FMEA:
- Methodological reminders and illustrations through the use of TDC FMEA software in AIAG-VDA version and the 7 steps of the process:
- Project planning and preparation
- Structural analysis
- Functional analysis
- Failure analysis
- Risk analysis
- Results documentation
- Our recommendations: how to implement these changes successfuly
Benefits of TDC FMEA
You will be able to see the advantages of our TDC FMEA AIAG VDA software for yourself:
- the most effective in terms of initial ownership and deployment
- the most accessible: at the office, moving or teleworking
- the most effective to automatically guarantee consistency between Functional Analysis of the need, Design FMEA, Process FMEA, Control Plan, Design & Process Characteristics
- the most pragmatic to ensure the transversalization of your data according to the requirements of Quality Assurance standards
- the most efficient to communicate easily and instantly: with customers, auditors and your internal project teams
- the most fluid for your FMEA working sessions management
- the most effective in terms of adaptability to face standards evolutions and your maturity growing
Context of FMEA AIAG VDA harmonization
FMEA method for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis. Using it ensures that all potential problems have been taken into account and managed by actions on the product (Design FMEA) and / or on the manufacturing (Process FMEA). It is one of the tools to ensure quality in design and production.
On June 3, 2019, the AIAG and the VDA officially published the new harmonized AIAG-VDA framework for the deployment of FMEA. The objective of this harmonization of American and German FMEA standards is to facilitate the work of their subcontractors and help control the Total Quality Cost.
The automotive sector is often at the forefront of Quality approaches and methodologies.
This new standard mainly concerns companies working for the automotive industry, but some of the new concepts proposed, in particular the relations between FMEA in system and subsystem, mechatronics project and link with dependability or ISO 26262 seem highly relevant and applicable to other industrial sectors.